Vegan recipe: easy and tasty
Being vegan is not only a trend, but also a way to lead a healthier and more sustainable life. In this article, you will find an easy vegan recipe that you will love!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper, cumin and oregano and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, corn, black beans, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and feta cheese (optional).
- Serve warm.
This easy and delicious vegan recipe is ready in no time! A perfect dish for those days when you need something fast and healthy. Enjoy!